2. Outside Content
Clicking on certain links contained on the website may take you to other websites. These websites are not maintained by the Company, and therefore the Company disclaims any liability for the content of them.
3. Illegal/Prohibited Use
You agree to use this website and its services only for legal and permitted purposes, and you agree that you will not upload, transfer, post, or email any illegal, offensive, pornographic, obscene, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, confidential, private, or distasteful material. You further agree not to stalk or harass other users of the website. You agree that any content you provide to the website or other users is your own content and does not violate any copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, patents, or other intellectual property rights. You understand that the Company does not monitor all of the website’s users or all the content that users provide to the website or to other users, but the Company reserves the right to delete, modify, or erase material in its sole discretion. You agree not to upload or transmit intentionally any computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, or other malicious code to the website or to any of the website’s users. You agree not to hack into or intentionally upload any malicious computer code to the Company’s website, or intentionally transmit such things to other users. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the site or service. The Company reserves the right to terminate anyone's use of the website and/or service at its sole discretion.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its employees, officers, and agents from any and all damages, costs, expenses, liabilities, and fees incurred by any or all of them in connection with any material or content you upload or transmit to, over, or through the website, its chat rooms, message boards, email facilities, or any other use of the website by you, or your violation of any law or the rights of others. The Company will notify you promptly of any such claim, loss, liability, or demand, and will provide you with reasonable assistance, at your expense, in defending any such claim, loss, liability, damage, or cost.
5. No Warranties
THE WEBSITE AND ITS RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND “WHEN AVAILABLE.” THE COMPANY, ITS AGENTS, AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF USE OR DATA, OR OTHER SIMILAR LOSSES, EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES.
6. Governing Law
Arbitration. Any claim or dispute between a member or prospective member and The ONE or any of its officers or employees, whether related to or arising out of this Application, a member's participation in the ONE, or otherwise, shall be resolved by binding arbitration by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. The arbitrator's decision shall be final and legally binding, and judgment may be entered thereon. Each party shall be responsible for its share of the arbitration fees in accordance with the applicable rules of arbitration. In the event a party fails to proceed with arbitration, unsuccessfully challenges the arbitrator's award, or fails to comply with the arbitrator's award, the other party is entitled to costs of suit, including reasonable attorneys' fees, for having to compel arbitration or defend or enforce the award.
8. Severability; Waiver
9. U.S.A. Based Site
The Site is controlled and operated by the Company from its offices in the State of Florida. The Company makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access is available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the site should not be construed as the Company purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction.
10. Attorney Fees
In the event of any action, mediation, litigation, arbitration, suit or proceeding arising from or under the terms, provisions or conditions of this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of suit or other proceeding.
The ONE Annual Membership Includes:
1. The ONE is $400 annually for premium membership, a 10% veterans discount and by the chapter president's discretion one *FREE non-profit seat in each chapter.
2. The ONE encourages you to network inside and outside of your chapter, and believes you shouldn't be frowned upon for being members of multiple chapters OR organizations!
3. The ONE believes the more you network, the more you grow. Our primary goal is RELATIONSHIPS!! Without relationships, referrals will not come. We also allow the Chapter President AND current seat holder to make the decision to allow a collaborator into the chapter instead of The ONE dictating who is a good fit (we do not believe in competition).
4. The ONE’s attendance policy is 6 misses in 6 months. Substitutes do not count as misses. Plus, you will not receive threatening emails or letters in the mail.
5. The ONE is a fun networking community where members truly believe in each other, support each other, and care about each other. It does not feel like work when networking in The ONE.
6. The ONE does not believe in restrictions and regulations to keep our thumb pressed down on our members. No one knows what our members need for their businesses like they do themselves. If they feel they need to be in multiple organizations and hold multiple leadership positions, it is THEIR decision, not The ONE’s.
7. The ONE meetings are typically lunch meetings and maybe an occasional morning or evening meeting. We want to have a good time or else it will be hard to build critical relationships. We don’t push a sign-in sheet either, so you don’t have to worry about getting spammed to join or frowned upon for not joining.
8. The ONE collects the $400 membership fee, processes the members’ application, and gives $240 back to the Chapter President(s).
The ONE Member Agreement and Guidelines:
1.Membership seating is limited to one person or business per profession per chapter. The President may run his/her chapter according to their own needs, but should consult current seat holder prior to adding multiple seats in the same profession (limitation is up to Chapter President).
2. A member of a ONE chapter MAY be (and is ENCOURAGED to be) a member of any other chapter or networking organization. The more you network, the more you grow!
3. Members must ensure they have a current/accurate listing on chapter roster/Member Directory. Membership will auto-renew annually, therefore, member must submit help ticket to The ONE for removal/cancellation at least 60 days prior to renewal date to [email protected]
4. Members are expected to follow up in a timely and professional manner on all leads/referrals given to them by fellow members.
5.When determining acceptance into a chapter, the ONE will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
6. All memberships are for one term at a time, and fees are non-refundable if a members resigns or is removed from a chapter prior to completing their membership term.
7. Your membership will begin on the day you sign up and will renew automatically the following year. If you wish to update your information for the directory or cancel your renewal please notify [email protected] After the term of your membership, if you wish to renew, your renewal application will be automatically renewed.
8. Referrals and leads are good, but when possible, referrals are preferred. Let's help each other grow via word of mouth/referral marketing.
9. Attendance - a member is allowed to miss no more than six chapter meetings during each six-month term. You are encouraged to arrange for a substitute to participate in your place should you be unable to avoid missing a meeting. Absences do not count if a substitute is present. Our goal is to represent your business every week, even if you are unable to attend. This vital to your success with The ONE.
10. Leave of absence: a member may request a leave of absence due to medical, military, family or job related reasons, such as an out of state or country assignment. Each request will be approved or disapproved by the President of the chapter on an individual basis. The member on leave is strongly advised to have a substitute in their place.
11. The chapter membership will petition the President and Vice President regarding decisions about membership, members to be placed on probation, and members to be removed for violation of ONE procedures. In the event of an issue, the President and Vice President will seek collaboration from the membership prior to making a decision.
12. Every member of a ONE chapter is a volunteer unless otherwise stipulated by ONE management. Leaders are here to help you get everything out of your membership as possible.
13. The ONE support positions are based solely on volunteers. New officers may be chosen at any time to maintain continuity if a leader is not performing or needs to step down for any reason.
14. Any member that wishes to change industries or classification within a chapter must be approved by the President. The chapter roster/member diretory will be adjusted to reflect the changes, when approved.
15. A visitor may visit a chapter two times. After two visits, an application must be in process. This is to protect, not only the integrity of the seats held by paying members, but to protect the reputation of the visitor as not to give the impression of "trying to get a free membership".
16. All memberships must be processed through The ONE chapter website (www.theoneorg.com). No cash or checks accepted.
17 . If a member becomes a detriment to the chapter, the Chapter Officers (collectively) have the authority to place the member on probation or remove them from the chapter. The Chapter Officers will ALWAYS work with a member to help them improve their skills and attitudes if problems arise. If you want to retain your membership, but need help, please ask!
18. The Member Minute should be used to teach others your business so they can bring you qualified referrals. The President may adjust the time to ensure the meeting begins and ends on time each week.
19. The ONE meetings are designed for each member to participate in networking inside and outside the meeting/ Meeting with other member’s one on one or in a group setting outside of normal meeting times is highly encouraged. We are here to build relationships, and relationships build businesses!
20. Presidents may offer a 10% discount on memberships veterans, emergency responders, or any other profession the President wishes. The discount will be honored each time he/she renews their annual membership. Thank You for Serving!
21. It is highly encouraged the chapter allows at least one FREE non-profit membership in each chapter. Chapters may have multiple NP’s. The FREE NP seat(s) may be vacated by the chapter president due to lack of participation/effort. The FREE non-profit seat shall be voted in by the chapter members.
22. If a member sponsors three new members during their ONE membership, the member will become “3 and FREE” and will receive a free 1 year membership. FREE members must remain active within their respective chapters to remain FREE/ A help ticket must be submitted to [email protected] The ONE for processing. *For members that hold multiple memberships, 3 and FREE only applies to the original membership.
23. Memberships must be PAID IN FULL for the membership to count towards the 3 and FREE and the member, once qualified, may continue to sponsor new members to obtain a FREE year for every 3 members sponsored and paid in full. There is no time limit and all numbers ‘roll over’ continuously. Sponsored members must be PAID IN FULL prior to the sponsors renewal date. If after the sponsors renewal date, the new member will count towards the NEXT membership renewal. **These guidelines have been adjusted to for YOUR chapter. They slightly vary from other chapter guidelines, therefore, certain programs may be different or may not apply to other markets/chapters of the ONE. Please ask for clarification if/when applicable.
24. All items listed on this document are “guidelines” to help a leadership team effectively run their weekly meetings. Leaders may adjust to adapt to their own needs after prior written approval from The ONE corporate office. These guidelines may change without notice.
25. By submitting a membership application you are acknowledging that you have read, understand, agree to, and will abide by all of the membership guidelines.
26. There are NO REFUNDS for any membership/application fees paid. Membership transfers will be considered on a case by case basis.
27. Dress code for The ONE meetings is “Business Casual”. Wear what you want, but please be within reasonable. No ripped jeans/shorts/sandals/flipflops. In a professional networking environment, how you present yourself is extremely important.
28. The “local” monthly chapter dues (if applicable) for the president, Vice-President, and Secretary/Treasurer should be waived for as long as they hold their leadership position. There is no ‘term limit’ and they may hold their position as long as they are active and effective in their leadership roles. The President may run/govern his/her chapter as needed to facilitate chapter needs.
29. Member authorizes The ONE and/or the local chapter to use photos taken at the meetings and events for website edits and marketing/advertising including social media unless otherwise discussed with The ONE.
Limitations on Liability.
Limitations on Liability.
Regardless of the form of action, for any cause whatsoever related to or arising out of this Application, a member's participation in the ONE, or otherwise, in no event shall the ONE, its officers or employees be liable to you for any loss, damage, claim or expense greater than the amount of yearly membership fee paid by you for your membership in the ONE. Unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, in no event shall there be any liability to you or any third person for any consequential, indirect, special, incidental or punitive damages, regardless of the form of action, even if advised of the possibility of such damages and even if the damages were foreseeable. I hereby declare and certify that all statements contained in this Application are true and correct. I understand that my membership in The ONE is conditioned upon me abiding by all the terms and conditions set forth herein and those contained within The ONE Membership Guidelines. I hereby acknowledge that upon my acceptance to The ONE, fees are non-refundable (even if you resign or are removed), and membership is non-transferable
1. What Do We Do With Your Information?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at [email protected] or mailing us at: The ONE in Pensacola 1919 E Avery St Pensacola, FL, United States
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
4. DigiPro Media, Inc.
Our store is hosted on DigiPro Media, Inc. Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through DigiPro Media, Inc.’s data storage, databases and the general DigiPro Media, Inc. application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then DigiPro Media, Inc. stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read DigiPro Media, Inc.’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
5. Third-Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows DigiPro Media, Inc. to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_DigiPro Media, Inc._visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_DigiPro Media, Inc._uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
Storefront digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
7. Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
9. Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at The ONE home office in Pensacola - 2607 Green Bay Ave, Pensacola, FL 32526, United States